Apple recently introduced an all-new 10.5-inch iPad Pro and a new 12.9-inch iPad Pro, featuring advanced displays with ProMotion technology and the new A10X Fusion chip. The new 10.5-inch model reduces the borders by nearly 40 percent to fit into an incredibly compact package.
The redesigned Retina display in iPad Pro features ProMotion, a new technology that delivers refresh rates of up to 120Hz. The display is Apple’s brightest iPad display yet and features antireflective coating, making content easier to see indoors and out.
The powerful new 64-bit A10X Fusion chip provides performance that is faster than most PC laptops shipping today. The chip incorporates a six-core CPU and 12-core GPU, delivering up to 30 percent faster CPU performance and 40 percent faster graphics performance than the A9X chip.
Coming with a 12-megapixel camera along with a 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera, the new iPad Pro also features a four-speaker audio system. An embedded Apple SIM and support for 802.11ac Wi-Fi and LTE Advanced make it easier to stay connected when traveling in more than 180 countries and regions.
iOS 11 Coming soon
The upcoming iOS 11 will bring new iPad features, including:
- A new customizable Dock that provides quick access to frequently used apps and documents from any screen;
- Improved multitasking, including a redesigned app switcher that brings Spaces to iOS, making it easier to move between apps or pairs of active apps, used in Split View and now Slide Over;
- The new Files app that keeps everything in one place, whether files are stored locally, in iCloud Drive or across other providers like Box, Dropbox and more;
- Multi-Touch Drag and Drop, which is available across the system to move text, photos and files from one app to another, anywhere on the screen;
- A new document scanner in Notes, which lets users easily scan single or multi-page documents, removes shadows and uses powerful image filters to enhance readability; and
- Deeper integration with Apple Pencil, with support for inline drawing to write along text in Notes and Mail, Instant Markup to easily sign documents, annotate PDFs or draw on screenshots, and a new Instant Notes feature, which opens Notes from the Lock Screen by simply tapping Apple Pencil on the display. New searchable handwriting makes it easy to search for handwritten text or characters.