Honda will unveil its new 3E (Empower, Experience, Empathy) Robotics Concept at CES 2018. The company aims to demonstrate a range of experimental technologies engineered to advance mobility and make people’s lives better.
These advanced robotic concepts are what Honda has selected to showcase its vision of a society where robotics and AI can assist people in many situations. This include many areas, such as disaster recovery, recreation and learning from human interaction to become more helpful and empathetic.
As part of the 3E Robotics Concept, Honda will reveal:
- 3E-A18, a companion robotics concept that shows compassion to humans with a variety of facial expressions
- 3E-B18, a chair-type mobility concept designed for casual use in indoor or outdoor spaces
- 3E-C18, a small-sized electric mobility concept with multi-functional cargo space
- 3E-D18, an autonomous off-road vehicle concept with AI designed to support people in a broad range of work activities
In addition to the suite of robotics concepts, Honda will showcase its Mobile Power Pack World, which includes a portable, swappable battery pack for electric vehicles, and a re-charging system for use at home, recreation or during a natural disaster. The Mobile Power Pack World at CES will also exhibit a battery exchanger concept that can store and charge mobile power packs.
Global Innovator Showcase
Aside from its own advanced technologies, Honda will be accompanied by partner start-ups gained through the Honda Xcelerator programme. These are companies that have committed to creating transformative products through open innovation. The Honda Xcelerator partners are:
- BRAIQ bridges the gap between human preferences and artificial intelligence to personalize the driving style of autonomous vehicles.
- DeepMap provides HD maps and real-time localization as a service for autonomous vehicles.
- DynaOptics harnesses the power of free-form optics to bring superior situational awareness and safety to roads.
- Tactual Labs brings real-time human body pose sensing to every surface and voxel.
- WayRay is a Swiss developer of a holographic AR navigation system for advanced connected cars.
Last month Honda Innovations announced its expanded engagement of startup ecosystems in Japan, China, Detroit and Europe.