Corsair has just launched the Corsair Neutron NX500 NVMe PCIe SSD AIC, a solid state drive that is touted to offer super speeds of up to 3,000MB/sec sequential read and 2,400 MB/sec sequential write speeds, or 300K/270K IOPS random read/write.
The drive is offered in 400GB, 800GB and 1,600GB capacities, clad in a custom-designed high-surface-area heat sink. This helps to vastly reduce performance thermal throttling thanks to temperatures up to 20°C lower than m.2 PCI Express NVMe SSDs.
The drive connects using an available PCI Express SSD 3.0 x4 slot through the latest NVMe interface, unlocking the bandwidth of the PCI Express slot. This also serves to reduce bottlenecks by putting your data in the fast lane. Thanks to this high bandwidth, the NX500 is built for professional users and easily handles demanding productivity, content creation or gaming workloads.
Equipped with high-performance MLC NAND, and dedicated DDR3 cache, the NX500 provides superior reliability and performance over TLC NAND SSDs. The NX500 also boasts enhanced error correction, dynamic wear-levelling and advanced garbage collection, greatly enhancing NAND lifespan and drive reliability.
- NVMe Interface Faster than SATA 3.0: Up to 5X faster in sequential read and write than SATA 3.0.
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 The NX500 accesses your PC’s PCI Express bandwidth and puts your data in the fast lane, leaving SATA SSDs in the dust.
- Dedicated Cooling: High-surface-area heatsink from the cooling experts at CORSAIR keeps your storage cool and always at peak performance.
- Multi-Level Cell (MLC) Endurance: Better reliability and higher performance than Triple-Level Cell (TLC) NAND SSDs.
- High-Bandwidth, Low-Latency Storage: Easily handles demanding gaming, productivity, and content creation workloads.
- Enhanced Error Correction: Additional error bit correction and improved data retention while supporting the latest generation, high endurance MLC NAND.
- Static and Dynamic Wear-Leveling: Works with MLC NAND to contribute to an overall enhanced lifespan.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox: Support for over-provisioning, Secure Erase, disk cloning and firmware updates, or monitor S.M.A.R.T attributes and SSD health, all from your desktop.
- Five-year Warranty: Dedicated support from the world-class CORSAIR customer support team.